Ontario ARC’s Aging Services will host a Resource Fair Thursday, June 8th, 2017 from 5:30PM – 7:00PM at Ontario ARC’s main facility in Canandaigua. Local vendors and organizations focused on providing services and supports to the elderly and aging will be available to speak with community members, families and caregivers about available resources in Ontario County and the surrounding communities.
Participating organizations include 24-Hour Helping Hands, Access Lifts & Ramps, The Alzheimer’s Association, Canandaigua VA Medical Center, ElderONE, Geneva Public Library, iCircle, Legacy at Fairways, Legal Assistance of WNY, Pet Connections, Silver Connections Social Adult Day Program, The Salvation Army, Wegmans Pharmacy, and more.
Highlights of the event include:
- The Alzheimer’s Association, Canandaigua VA Medical Center, and 24-Hour Helping Hands will be present to discuss the different supports they provide
- For questions regarding medication, attendees can speak with representatives from Wegmans Pharmacy
- Representatives from Access Lifts & Ramps will provide information on in-home equipment to optimize health and safety while Legacy at Fairways will be available to present new living options
- For details regarding general elder law and estate planning as well as the SNAP program, attendees can speak with representatives from Legal Assistance of WNY
- Those interested in or with questions about enrolling in a Medicaid Managed Long Term Care (MLTC) program can chat with iCircle and ElderONE
- For those looking to build new relationships and stay active, representatives from The Salvation Army, Geneva Public Library and the new Silver Connections Social Adult Day Program will be on hand to discuss their array of social and recreational activities
There is no cost to attend the fair, attendees are free to come and go at their leisure and light refreshments will be available at the event. Walk-ins are welcome, but registration is preferred.
For more information or to register for the Aging Resource Fair, please contact Nick Vignati, Coordinator of Aging Services at (585) 919-2161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Download Event Flyer